Shopify Tip: How to Quickly Get a Count of Records in the Shopify Admin
When viewing records in the Shopify admin, you might notice that most of the pages don't show you how many total records are there.
One way to figure out the number of records is to do a CSV export, but this could be annoying as you usually have to wait for the CSV file in the email, unzip the attachment, open the file, and then look at the rows.
Luckily, there's a quicker and easier way to get this by simply adding /count.json to the URL of the listing pages.
For example, if you want to get a total count of all customers in your store, you can go to the Shopify Admin -> Customers and then simply append /count.json to the URL like this:
You can do the same trick to Orders, Draft Orders, Products, Gift Cards and other types of records.
Here's a list of quick shortcuts (just replace mystore with your store's actual myshopify.com subdomain):
- Orders: https://mystore.myshopify.com/admin/orders/count.json
- Draft Orders: https://mystore.myshopify.com/admin/draft_orders/count.json
- Products: https://mystore.myshopify.com/admin/products/count.json
- Collections: https://mystore.myshopify.com/admin/collections/count.json
- Customers: https://mystore.myshopify.com/admin/customers/count.json
- Gift Cards: https://mystore.myshopify.com/admin/gift_cards/count.json
This should hopefully save you some time. :)